Friday 16 November 2012

UNSTRESSER


A relief in time of pain
Morphine to make me numb
The lazy smile on my face
At nothing funny in particular
Like in a room full of nitrous oxide
And I see the funny side
Of the cruel tide

Far from me, but I feel you always
Like a pleasant leech
You cling to me everywhere
I converse with you in my heart
I kiss you in my thoughts
And I perceive your scent in the wind
As clear as your voice in my head

A day is never complete
Without a dream romance
Where your heart danced with mine
That dance of love where all fades
In that one moment of understanding
And afterwards, still we lay
And drift to the world of white and grey

Malcolm O. Ifi

First published on October 23, 2012. 10:02pm at http://saymalcolm.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/unstresser/

No comments:

Post a Comment