Sunday 10 February 2013

UNSEEN BATTLES

Only a fool debunks the presence of spiritual forces in this world. Even as mankind slowly gravitates to an age of logic and reason which seems to be earnestly relegating religion and belief in a Supreme Being to the background, it still doesn't discountenance the presence of supernatural occurrences and the existence of a natural order that presupposes the existence of a Supreme Being.

On a daily basis, battles are fought in the spiritual realm which invariably manifests in the physical realm. Because of the struggles in life, the allure and tangibility of the physical, there is the tendency to forget that all that really matters is resident in the spiritual and not the physical.

Why am I writing about this? I've had series of experiences in the past and even very recently that confirms this and I thought it would be great to share this. Have you ever been fighting and struggling so hard to achieve something when just as you get to the threshold of victory, mysterious and inexplicable things start to happen? This is usually a sign that there is a serious battle in the spiritual trying to manifest in the physical.
Most people just overlook them as a series of unfortunate events. This is so wrong! Only those who are spiritually in-tune realize that this is a grave battle. A battle that one must get actively into if one is to succeed in the desired endeavour. We, as mere mortals cannot see or know what happens in the spiritual realm but we must participate to assist the forces of good. We must participate with the only weapon in our arsenal; Prayer.

I will share a personal experience: I've been working on a big project for a while now and just as things started to look up, I discovered that some little things I never neglected to do, I mysteriously started to neglect them and they have turned out to be the most important things. Somehow, I managed to surmount these "little" challenges and have been pressing forward ever since. However, things got to a head two days ago when I nearly had a bike accident on my way home. This woke me up spiritually because I've never ever had an accident in my life before. Not that I'm special or holy, but by the mercy and grace of God so I prayed to Him for protection and guidance. 

Then this morning, immediately after my morning prayer which was to precede my trip to conclude my project, I "carelessly" stretched my hands beneath a ceiling fan and almost got my left pinkie finger decapitated! The injury wasn't so severe but it fired me up. I started to pray and I haven't really stopped praying even as I write this.

I decided to share this just in case someone has experienced something of this sort and is confused about what it means. It is the time to pray; pray without ceasing! Commit what you do to God's hands and be rest assured that victory is inevitable as the enemy is vanquished before your very eyes! The evil is felt but the faith is stronger!

As an addendum, say a word of prayers for the Super Eagles today as they face Burkina Faso in the finals of the AFCON 2013. We are long overdue for a nations cup win. Pray, believe and it will be so.
May the forces of good be on our side always.

Amen!

Malcolm O. Ifi.

Engage on twitter @saymalcolm









4 comments:

  1. All will be Well bro... Wish u all d best in ur endevours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot bro. All will be well for us all.

      Delete
  2. I have had my fair share of these battles but in d end God always shows He is greater than any battle we face. It is well with you Malcolm and everyone of us. Amen.

    ReplyDelete