Tuesday 12 March 2013

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME

I received a mail from my dad yesterday and after going through it, I thought it would be nice to share it for the sagely insights that may be of help to you as it is to me.

Enjoy!

"The greatest mistake anyone can make is when they believe that what they can do now can be better done in the future and so refuse to do it. The future begins with now and whatever you cannot begin now cannot be accomplished in the future.

According to John Mason, "the best time to begin is now and the best place to begin is where you are". Do not hope to have a better time than what you have now. Any time that is not utilized is a waste and cannot be retrieved And so the advice is "Do not procrastinate for procrastination is the thief of time".

Again, John Mason believes that "you can't know what you can do until you try". He insists that "the most important thing about reaching out your dream is starting right where you are". And there is no disagreeing with Edward Hail when he said, "I cannot do everything but I still can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do".

Finally, Time is a gift from God and God does not want you to waste it. Every moment of your life counts. Don't waste your time complaining about what you don't have. Do business with the little you have. Don't waste your time grieving over the mistakes of the past. Begin anew and do better. Time wasted is opportunity forfeited. Time wasted is talent neglected. And to God be the glory if you are able to relate the above piece to your life."

Malcolm O. Ifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment